Friday 17 February 2012

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Title:               The Way We Fall
Author:           Megan Crewe
ISBN:              9781742668253
Publisher:       Pier 9
Published:      January 2012
Age Group:    Young Adult

Synoposis:





When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.
Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.
Because how will she go on if there isn't?

My Thoughts:

I was expecting a lot more when I picked up this book. Don't get me wrong it was an enjoyable read but it was slow. The journal style format of it, while interesting, did not allow for enough character development to make me really care about them. I was also expecting a lot more raw emotion from a journal style book, but it seemed very calm and controlled for what would be such an emotional event.
It did pick up a in the middle of the book but the ending was very abrupt and left a lot of loose ends. I understand this is the first book in a series but it seemed as though nothing was actually resolved in the end of this book which was very frustrating.
Will I read the next book in the series? Probably, but I won't be rushing out to buy it on release day.

1 comment:

  1. Love your honesty. I don't think this is a good fit for me because of the pacing.

    ReplyDelete